Friday, June 22, 2012

Avoiding Brie Is Dumb

Obviously I'm not a doctor, but...

I'm really annoyed by all the alarmist crap around food and pregnancy in this country.  I seriously doubt that eating brie, salumi, , bloody steak, or even having the very occasional glass of wine is going to make my baby deformed or lacking in intelligence. Especially after the more fragile 1st trimester. Even some well-chosen sushi from a highly reputable place is fine in my mind (say no to mercury, though; heavy metals are for real, ya'll.)  Is it because we're a culture that doesn't really value moderation?

NOBODY should eat salumi twice a day. C'mon guys...

There are plenty of things to worry about in parenting. Stressing because you desperately want some brie, and you're not supposed to have it, seems like a ridiculous waste of energy. The stress is probably worse for the baby. Bacteria is everywhere; you could cut your hand and touch an infected doorknob and get a crazy infection. That doesn't mean wear gloves all the time.

Just don't buy sketchy food products. As long as I'm educated about what and how much I consume, I think it should be fine. Soft cheeses, here I come!

                                                   http://www.hgtv.com/entertaining/biltmore-estates-nut-crusted-brie-with-cherry-chutney/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment